Friday 16 October 2015

Week Beginning 12th October

This week I've finalised my colour palette and below you can see the development from the initial one to the one I am now using. The colour mood of the design now (below, right image) has the right level of richness and tone, it's lively and the colours used emphasise the flower garden theme.

Colour palette development




I have been considering the context of my work, looking at designers that are working at the market level I would. The context for my collection is the high end of the high street,  I can see my products being sold in department stores such as John Lewis but also independents as well. More specifically, the context for my work is similar to that of Timorous Beasties and Bluebellgray. They both create and design contemporary, quirky furnishing fabrics that sells on their own sites and through other design based companies. I feel that my work fits this market because of the style of design, colour use and quality of final product.


I've researched Prestigious Textiles to see what the brand behind the brief is like. They have a diverse mix of contemporary and traditional collections produced in a range of colour palettes including vibrant lively ones, so I definitely think my designs are appropriate.


Context mood board

No comments:

Post a Comment