Thursday 4 February 2016

Week Beginning 1st February

As this is the final week of the unit, my time has been focused on preparing for assessment. It's been really interesting to see how much work I've  generated over the unit and how my ideas have developed. I'm glad I've been quite organised throughout, it's meant I've not had to catch up on too much work at this late stage. 

In terms of my self initiated project I have begun to develop ideas for the scaling up aspect I've discussed in my learning agreement.  This has been something I've really wanted to explore but having only a week or two left after completing the live brief and wanting to start preparing for assessment, this development has taken a back seat. Saying that I have generated 2 feature designs that are 140cm width and experimented with visualising them on cushions in different placements. In the mood board below you can see how I have developed the idea, the cushions are a really exciting starting point. This is an interesting development that I plan to continue with into unit x.


Process Moodboard

I have also been working on complimentary designs for the collection I produced in the first 4 weeks as this was something I originally planned to do. I've generated a number of designs, in different colour ways, that I believe compliment but also contrast with my 4 upholstery designs. Until this unit I'd never really thought about complimentary design and now when I look at a designers collection, i'll look out for the main designs and those that are coordinating with them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment