Thursday 21 January 2016

Week Beginning 18th January

Following this weeks tutorial, Ive had a lot to think about in terms of my Adamley pocket square designs. Rather than using an image I found on the internet as my colour reference, I've been advised to find a colour palette that is on trend, looking particularly at menswear trends. I have looked for either mustard or orange to be in the palette as these are strong and popular colours for menswear accessories. I found two images that really caught my eye whilst on WGSN looking at the menswear SS17 colour trends, the orange is vibrant and contrasts well with the blue tones.


Colour Palette

As this is my first experience with designing for accessories, I'm learning new things all the time. In terms of composition I've started to reconsider the boarders of my designs, as the majority of them are a block of solid colour and quite harsh in comparison to the central patterned area. With this in mind I've been placing different pieces of my visual research together and photographing them to give me some ideas for patterned boarders. 

Generating compositions

In the image below you can see how I have taken the right composition above and developed the design (below, left) in terms of colour and composition, altering the layout and incorporating motifs into the boarder to create the design (below, right). In comparison to the earlier design there is more variation and when the pocket square is folded, in use, it could look really interesting as there are a number of different motifs at work next to one another. I will continue to experiment with different layouts, using the whole canvas and not just the central area.


No comments:

Post a Comment