Thursday 14 January 2016

Week Beginning 11th January

I've chosen to spend the next few weeks focusing on producing an outcome for the Adamley live brief to produce a print for men's silk accessories. I have chosen to generate designs for pocket squares. In terms of a starting point I didn't see anything that particularly inspired me in the Adamley archives, so I've decided to use less obvious references in the form of photographs of interesting compositions, shapes and textures, that I took whilst on the mill visit.



Using the same abstract, painterly drawing technique I have been using throughout this unit, I've created a number of potential design motifs. To develop it on from my previous drawing work I have brought in the contrast of linear qualities, looking at the finer details. I'm doing this so that the work in my portfolio doesn't all end up looking too similar.


Visual research


To get a good idea of the types of designs Joanne from Adamley might be interested in I've conducted research into the high end independents they have supplied to for example Doherty Evans and Stott and Turnball and Asser. The key thing to remember from the briefing is definitely colour, when wearing formal/workwear men will often use a pocket square or neck tie to show off their personality. I'm going to try to include orange or mustard as it was mentioned in the briefing that they were strong colours.

Doherty Evans and Stott



No comments:

Post a Comment